'Thaandavam' team to donate Rs 20 lakh to charity
'Thaandavam' team as its philanthropic work will donate Rs 20 lakh to National Association for the blind.
'Thaandavam' and its production house UTV motion pictures not just focus in carrying out their business but also have come forward with a philanthropic vision for the blinds. The premiere show of 'Thaandavam' was screened at Sathyam cinema complex by 10 pm on 27th September. The entire movie crew and several other industry VIPs marked their presence in it. The proceeds of the show will be handed over to NAB - National Association for the blind and it is estimated to be 20 lakh on the whole.
The president of this association, Ms A Nina Reddy has conveyed her hearty thanks to UTV for such a generous and kind attitude towards the blinds. "If many other corporates give a hand to such social causes, it would be of great support to a large number of people," she added.
In addition to this, UTV has also planned for training cum seminar program which will be led by Mr Daniel Kish, President of world access for the blind. Echo location - the concept of detecting objects by sensing echoes will be taught during the session. This same concept is used in the film which would help out the blinds in getting aware of a new technique to handle their daily activities.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump Sniffles Had the Internet Choking
- Hillary Clinton Wins First Presidential Debate: CNN-ORC Poll