Thailand PM to be chief guest at R-Day parade
Yingluck Shinawatra, who became Thailand's first woman prime minister last July, will arrive in India on January 24.
Bangkok: Thailand's first woman Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will be the chief guest at India's Republic Day parade celebrations on January 26, Thai Trade Representative Nalinee Thaweesin said on Tuesday.
Yingluck, who became Thailand's first woman prime minister last July, will arrive in India on January 24 on a three-day official visit.
During her visit, Yingluck will hold talks on ways to increase trade and investment opportunities between the two countries, particularly in energy, petroleum and food industries.
Yingluck is the youngest sister of former premier and tycoon Thaksin Shinawatra.
Nalinee said Thailand viewed India as a major strategic economic partner because it was a big market with a population of more than 1.2 billion people.
Once the Asean economic community takes affect in 2015, Thailand could become a trade and investment gateway to the community for India, while India would be a distribution centre of Thai products to countries in the South Asia region, she added.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18