Thane: 15 injured in cylinder explosion
Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too.
Thane: Fifteen people were injured, some of them seriously, in a gas cylinder explosion in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane, police said on Wednesday. The explosion took place late Tuesday evening in a godown at Rajnoli Naka on the Bhiwandi-Nashik Highway, where waste plastic was stored for recycling, they said.
Of the injured, 12 are said to be critical and are being treated at the Sion Hospital in Mumbai. Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too. The cause of the fire is still not known, fire brigade sources said.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte