Thane: 15 injured in cylinder explosion
Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too.
Thane: Fifteen people were injured, some of them seriously, in a gas cylinder explosion in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane, police said on Wednesday. The explosion took place late Tuesday evening in a godown at Rajnoli Naka on the Bhiwandi-Nashik Highway, where waste plastic was stored for recycling, they said.
Of the injured, 12 are said to be critical and are being treated at the Sion Hospital in Mumbai. Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too. The cause of the fire is still not known, fire brigade sources said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology