DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thane collapse: 2 kids to be handed over to orphanage
The two rescued girls will be handed over to Maa Niketan orphanage because their parents could not be traced.
Thane: Failing to trace their parents, authorities here have decided to hand over, for now, two girls who were rescued from debris of the unauthorised building that collapsed in Shil Phata area here to an orphanage. One of the girls is an 8 months old baby while the other is six years old and her name is Sandhya.
Their families could not be traced. At present lady police constables are looking after them, and it was decided to hand over them to Maa Niketan orphanage here for now, officials said.
Meanwhile, bodies of 11 labourers hailing from Malda in West Bengal, who were among the 74 persons killed in Thursday's crash, were flown back to their home state last on Saturday night.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish