Thane collapse: 2 kids to be handed over to orphanage
The two rescued girls will be handed over to Maa Niketan orphanage because their parents could not be traced.
Thane: Failing to trace their parents, authorities here have decided to hand over, for now, two girls who were rescued from debris of the unauthorised building that collapsed in Shil Phata area here to an orphanage. One of the girls is an 8 months old baby while the other is six years old and her name is Sandhya.
Their families could not be traced. At present lady police constables are looking after them, and it was decided to hand over them to Maa Niketan orphanage here for now, officials said.
Meanwhile, bodies of 11 labourers hailing from Malda in West Bengal, who were among the 74 persons killed in Thursday's crash, were flown back to their home state last on Saturday night.
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin