Thane collapse: 2 kids to be handed over to orphanage
The two rescued girls will be handed over to Maa Niketan orphanage because their parents could not be traced.
Thane: Failing to trace their parents, authorities here have decided to hand over, for now, two girls who were rescued from debris of the unauthorised building that collapsed in Shil Phata area here to an orphanage. One of the girls is an 8 months old baby while the other is six years old and her name is Sandhya.
Their families could not be traced. At present lady police constables are looking after them, and it was decided to hand over them to Maa Niketan orphanage here for now, officials said.
Meanwhile, bodies of 11 labourers hailing from Malda in West Bengal, who were among the 74 persons killed in Thursday's crash, were flown back to their home state last on Saturday night.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner