DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thane: Doctor booked for raping woman in hospital
The woman has alleged the doctor mixed sedatives in her saline due to which she fell unconscious and he raped her.
Thane: A doctor allegedly raped a young woman while she was undergoing treatment at his hospital in Thane, police said on Friday. Dr William Jacob admitted the 24-year-old woman at his private hospital in Diva township of Thane district in March following an illness, Mumbra police station sub-inspector Laxman B Rathod said.
According to the complaint lodged by the woman on April 24 while she was in the hospital, the doctor administered her saline mixed with sedatives due to which she fell unconscious following which the accused raped her, Rathod said.
Based on her complaint, the Mumbra Police registered an offence late Thursday night against the doctor under sections 376 (rape), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison, etc, with intent to commit and offence) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) of the IPC and launched a search to nab him.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users