Thane: Girl jumps out of auto to escape molesters
The girl has registered an FIR against three unidentified men and police have launched a search for them.
Thane: A teenaged girl jumped out of a moving autorickshaw as three men allegedly tried to molest and kidnap her in Mumbra township of neighbouring Thane district, police said on Friday. The 17-year-old girl boarded an autorickshaw on a shared basis along with two men in Mumbra on Thursday morning.
However, when she realised that the autorickshaw driver was taking the vehicle on a different route, she raised an alarm, police sub-inspector Chihvad Shetty said. But, the men sitting besides her allegedly tried to molest her in the moving vehicle and assaulted her.
The girl, however, managed to jump out from the moving vehicle to save herself and later went to Mumbra police station and filed a complaint against three unidentified persons, including the autorickshaw driver, Shetty said. Police have registered a case under sections 366 (abduction), 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 323 of the IPC and have launched a search for the accused.
A similar incident was reported in Bihar's Bhojpur district on Thursday where a woman jumped from a speeding express train to escape from molesters, who were identified as army jawans.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India