DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thane: Man gets 5 yrs in jail for raping daughter
Hiralal Mishra (40) raped his daughter at his flat in Wagle Estate area on January 18, 2008 when she was asleep.
Thane: A local court on Saturday sentenced a man to five-year rigorous imprisonment for subjecting his teenage daughter to repeated sexual assaults in Thane. It was prosecution's case that Hiralal Mishra (40) raped his daughter at his flat in Wagle Estate area on January 18, 2008 when she was asleep and again on two occasions.
The additional sessions court judge Waghwase found Mishra guilty under section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), said additional public prosecutor Rupa Navle. According to prosecution, Mishra's wife was aware of the abuse.
Unable to cope with the torture the victim confided in her neighbours who helped her lodge an FIR against her father following which he was arrested in March 2008. The judge relied on the deposition by the girl and prosecution's argument that no girl will level such serious allegations against her father unless she is made to suffer due to his act of depravity.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO