Thane: Traffic cop beaten up by rickshaw driver
A traffic constable of the Thane district rural police was allegedly bashed up by a rickshaw driver.
Thane: A traffic constable of the Thane district rural police was allegedly bashed up by a rickshaw driver at the Dahisar check post, police said on Tuesday. The incident took place last evening when Ganesh Madhukar Pawar, who was part of the traffic police team deployed to regulate traffic at the crowded Dahisar naka along with officials of RTO was carrying checks when a auto rickshaw driver objected to the inspection, they said.
This led to a squabble and the irate driver roughed up the constable in the presence of senior officers, police added. The police team at the spot, however rescued Pawar and arrested the accused identified as Surendra Ramdeo Yadav.
Offences were also registered against him under sections 353, 427 and 504 of the IPC.
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh