Maharashtra: 4 people killed as train runs over them in Thane
The deceased were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
Mumbai: Four people were killed on Sunday after being hit by a speeding Kolhapur-bound long distance train between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station in the neighbouring Thane district, police said.
Jaychand Gangaram (53), Dattaray Devaji (56), Pandurang Kashinath (53) and Hari Nana (58) were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
"The victims could not make out that a fast train was coming and the tragic incident occurred at about 9.45 AM," said a railway police official.
The four were hit by Koyna Express and died on the spot, they said, adding the bodies were sent to a nearby government hospital for post-mortem examination.
(with inputs from PTI)
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter