Maharashtra: 4 people killed as train runs over them in Thane
The deceased were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
Mumbai: Four people were killed on Sunday after being hit by a speeding Kolhapur-bound long distance train between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station in the neighbouring Thane district, police said.
Jaychand Gangaram (53), Dattaray Devaji (56), Pandurang Kashinath (53) and Hari Nana (58) were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
"The victims could not make out that a fast train was coming and the tragic incident occurred at about 9.45 AM," said a railway police official.
The four were hit by Koyna Express and died on the spot, they said, adding the bodies were sent to a nearby government hospital for post-mortem examination.
(with inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone