DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra: 4 people killed as train runs over them in Thane
The deceased were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
Mumbai: Four people were killed on Sunday after being hit by a speeding Kolhapur-bound long distance train between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station in the neighbouring Thane district, police said.
Jaychand Gangaram (53), Dattaray Devaji (56), Pandurang Kashinath (53) and Hari Nana (58) were busy conducting maintenance work on the tracks between Thakurli and Kalyan railway station when the mishap occurred, railway police said.
"The victims could not make out that a fast train was coming and the tragic incident occurred at about 9.45 AM," said a railway police official.
The four were hit by Koyna Express and died on the spot, they said, adding the bodies were sent to a nearby government hospital for post-mortem examination.
(with inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users