Thanks for praying for granddad: Mandela's granddaughter
"My grandfather has come home and thank you everyone for your prayers," Mandela's granddaughter Ndileka said.
Durban: "My grandfather has come home and thank you everyone for your prayers," ailing former South African president Nelson Mandela's granddaughter Ndileka said.
She was speaking at the first edition of the South Africa India Film and Television Awards (SAIFTA) Friday, which started with a special honour for Mandela.
"Thank you for honouring my granddad, yes that is what he is for me," said Ndileka, who received the honour on behalf of her grandfather.
"He is home. Thank you all for your prayers while he was in the hospital. He is home and he is in his own space. We are also thankful to god," she added.
Mandela, 95, was admitted to a Pretoria hospital June 8 for a recurring lung infection as a result of tuberculosis he developed while serving prison terms under the apartheid. The former South African president was discharged from the hospital Sep 1 as he had reached a point of progress that allowed him to receive treatment at home.
SAIFTA aims at strengthening the cultural ties between South Africa and India.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner