Thanks to 'Dostana', Priyanka Chopra got 'Planes'
Priyanka Chopra has lent her voice for a character called Ishani in action-packed 3D animated film 'Planes'.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra, who has lent her voice for a character called Ishani in action-packed 3D animated film 'Planes', got the opportunity because of her film 'Dostana'.
'Planes' is directed by Klay Hall and he said: "I became a fan of Priyanka after seeing her film 'Dostana'."
"She's a triple treat - an actor, singer and dancer - and we noticed that when she came in to record her lines, she attracted the attention of a lot of people who'd stop by to watch her in action. Priyanka exudes heart, charm and warmth, and we're incredibly blessed to have her as part of our cast," he said in a statement.
Disney's 'Planes' is about Dusty's dream of competing as a high-flying air racer and his decidedly unfortunate fear of heights.
Hall said: "We decided to make India a stop on the race for two reasons: Practicality -- the planes needed to refuel in that region of the world -- and aesthetics -- India is a beautiful, exotic country that many of us had experienced. We loved the opportunity to highlight the warmth of India's people, colours and culture in the world we were creating for 'Planes'."
The film will be released in India on July 26.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone