Thatcher's body removed from Ritz, funeral on April 17
Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the service.
London: Former prime minister Margaret Thatcher's funeral will take place in London on Wednesday, April 17, David Cameron's office said on Tuesday. The service will be held in St Paul's Cathedral, Downing Street said. Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the service. The body of the 'Iron Lady' was removed from the Ritz Hotel, where she died of a stroke at the age of 87.
Margaret who transformed Britain and inspired conservatives around the world by radically rolling back the state during her 11 years in power, died on Monday following a stroke. She was 87.
Britain's only woman prime minister, the unyielding, outspoken Thatcher led the Conservatives to three election victories, governing from 1979 to 1990, the longest continuous period in office by a British premier since the early 19th century.
A grocer's daughter with a steely resolve, she was loved and loathed in equal measure as she crushed the unions, privatised vast swathes of British industry, clashed with the European Union and fought a war to recover the Falkland Islands from Argentine invaders. She struck up a close relationship with US President Ronald Reagan in the Cold War, backed the first President George Bush during the 1991 Gulf War, and declared that Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev was a man she could do business with.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane