DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'The Good Road' producer thinks it can make it to top-five
Producer-cinematographer Amitabh Singh is elated that his film 'The Good Road' is India's official entry to Oscars.
Mumbai: Producer-cinematographer Amitabh Singh is elated that his film "The Good Road" is India's official entry to Oscars next year and thinks that it stands a good chance to be in the top five.
"We couldn't believe this... It is a dream come true. It took a while for us to believe it. Winning a national award was a big achievement and now this second big achievement. I feel our film stands a good chance to make it to top five," Singh told PTI.
The Gujarati film directed by debutant director Gyan Correa is a lost-and-found story of a small boy. It won a national award for best Gujarati-language film this year.
The film was released in July this year in Gujarat. The film is produced by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), and stars Keval Katrodia as seven-year-old Aditya who loses his way in the desert of Kutch.
It also stars Sonali Kulkarni and actor Ajay Gehi as Aditya's parents. "Making this film was challenge for us but with the result that we are getting now we are quite happy with it. We would definitely like the film to reach maximum people. It is the property of NFDC and they are the best people to propagate the film on other platforms," Singh said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet