DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'The Great Gatsby' to open Cannes film festival
Amitabh Bachchan, who is making his Hollywood debut with the project, will grace the red carpet.
New Delhi: Australian director Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' will open the 66th edition of Cannes International Film Festival, starting May 15. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is making his Hollywood debut with the project, will grace the red carpet.
American rapper Jay-Z too will be present for the occasion, read a statement on the official website of the Cannes film fest.
A book-to-screen adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's bestseller of the same name, 'The Great Gatsby' features Hollywood actors Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire in lead roles.
Amitabh, 70, features in a brief appearance as Meyer Wolfsheim, a man with a dark past, who helps DiCaprio's character make money when he first comes to New York after the first World War.
The movie will be screened in 3D. The festival will conclude on May 26.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment