'The Hobbit' was like homecoming: Ian McKellen
The 73-year-old actor reprised his role as Gandalf the wizard from Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings'.
London: 'Lord of the Rings' star Ian McKellen says returning to New Zealand to shoot 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' felt like he was going home.
The 73-year-old actor, who is battling prostate cancer for seven years, reprised his role as Gandalf the wizard from Peter Jackson's award-winning 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy in the prequel film, reported Femalefirst.
"It was like going back home, really. It was more of the same, which is what was required, but it wasn't boring. I mean, a whole new set of circumstances and a new Bilbo (Baggins) to play with in Martin Freeman, and all those 13 dwarves, and a new aspect of the story," he said.
The film had a royal premiere yesterday and was attended by Prince William.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18