The people of Manipur were very gracious: Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra travelled to Imphal recently to get into the skin of her character in upcoming biopic on Mary Kom.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra travelled to Imphal recently to get into the skin of her character in upcoming biopic on Olympic medalist Mary Kom. While in the city, she visited Mary Kom and her family along with the movie's director Omung Kumar. She also took out time to visit the location where Mary trains.
"This was a purely research based trip for the film. It was wonderful for me, Omung and the team to be hosted by Mary, Onler and her family. The people of Manipur were very gracious and welcoming and we look forward to coming back here soon," Priyanka said in a statement here.
Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom won a bronze medal at the London Olympics. She belongs to Kom tribal community of north eastern state of Manipur. This film is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again