The people of Manipur were very gracious: Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra travelled to Imphal recently to get into the skin of her character in upcoming biopic on Mary Kom.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra travelled to Imphal recently to get into the skin of her character in upcoming biopic on Olympic medalist Mary Kom. While in the city, she visited Mary Kom and her family along with the movie's director Omung Kumar. She also took out time to visit the location where Mary trains.
"This was a purely research based trip for the film. It was wonderful for me, Omung and the team to be hosted by Mary, Onler and her family. The people of Manipur were very gracious and welcoming and we look forward to coming back here soon," Priyanka said in a statement here.
Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom won a bronze medal at the London Olympics. She belongs to Kom tribal community of north eastern state of Manipur. This film is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand