The Tamil film industry to observe a day's fast
Members from other associations will also take part in the hunger strike called on March 19.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) has on Sunday announced that the Tamil film industry will observe a day's hunger strike on March 19 here against reported genocide in Sri Lanka.
"On March 19, we will go on hunger strike between 9 am and 6 pm against the ongoing genocide in Sri Lanka. Thousands of innocent Tamilians are being killed and this is our way of showing support to our brothers and sisters there," filmmaker Ameer Sultan, secretary TNFDA, said in a statement.
"We have requested all members of the Tamil film industry to stop shooting on that day and join us in the movement," he added.
Members from other associations such as Film Employees' Federation of South India (FEFSI), South Indian Film Artistes' Association (SIFAA) and television artistes will also take part in the hunger strike.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media