The Tamil film industry to observe a day's fast
Members from other associations will also take part in the hunger strike called on March 19.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) has on Sunday announced that the Tamil film industry will observe a day's hunger strike on March 19 here against reported genocide in Sri Lanka.
"On March 19, we will go on hunger strike between 9 am and 6 pm against the ongoing genocide in Sri Lanka. Thousands of innocent Tamilians are being killed and this is our way of showing support to our brothers and sisters there," filmmaker Ameer Sultan, secretary TNFDA, said in a statement.
"We have requested all members of the Tamil film industry to stop shooting on that day and join us in the movement," he added.
Members from other associations such as Film Employees' Federation of South India (FEFSI), South Indian Film Artistes' Association (SIFAA) and television artistes will also take part in the hunger strike.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18