DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
The Tamil film industry to observe a day's fast
Members from other associations will also take part in the hunger strike called on March 19.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association (TNFDA) has on Sunday announced that the Tamil film industry will observe a day's hunger strike on March 19 here against reported genocide in Sri Lanka.
"On March 19, we will go on hunger strike between 9 am and 6 pm against the ongoing genocide in Sri Lanka. Thousands of innocent Tamilians are being killed and this is our way of showing support to our brothers and sisters there," filmmaker Ameer Sultan, secretary TNFDA, said in a statement.
"We have requested all members of the Tamil film industry to stop shooting on that day and join us in the movement," he added.
Members from other associations such as Film Employees' Federation of South India (FEFSI), South Indian Film Artistes' Association (SIFAA) and television artistes will also take part in the hunger strike.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes