The worst of Gustav Klimt
The contest conducted via the museum's official Facebook page has received numerous contributions.
New Delhi: To commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt Vienna's Wien Museum started an online contest to find the tackiest Klimt memorabilia.
The contest conducted via the museum's official Facebook page has received numerous contributions that induces a toilet seat, teddy bears, a Barbie doll, slippers and also a coffin.
The full gallery of the worst of Gustav Klimt memorabilia can be viewed at here.
Klimt born on July 14, 1862 in Vienna was the son of a goldsmith and spent much of his childhood in poverty. He trained at the Vienna School of Decorative Arts. He was biased towards using gold, silver and marble in his creations but not all of his patrons could afford his expensive creations.
Gustav Klimt is also known for his erotic paintings of nude women. Quite like fellow Austrian Sigmund Freud, Gustav Klimt brought sexuality into the public sphere. He was once forced to take down a particularly controversial painting that showed a naked pregnant woman.
He died in Vienna on February 6, 1918 after contracting Spanish flu during the 1918 flu pandemic.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement