There is a fascination with underworld: Milan Luthria
"There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable," said Milan Luthria.
Mumbai: Director Milan Luthria, who is looking forward to release of his 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara', says grey shades attract filmmakers.
The first part- 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'- was about the power struggle between two gangsters. The sequel has a love angle (Sonakshi Sinha) to create conflict this time.
"Filmmakers get attracted to grey shades. There is fascination with underworld. There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable, they are larger than life. Simplicity does not excite much," Milan said here at the second trailer launch of the film.
The original starred Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi, but in the sequel, Akshay Kumar has replaced Hashmi as Shoaib with Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha playing new characters.
"Ajay's character dies in the film. So we took forward Emraan Hashmi's character (Shoaib)... his character had to grow in age, so we went with Akshay," Milan said.
The film releases on August 15.
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy