There is a fascination with underworld: Milan Luthria
"There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable," said Milan Luthria.
Mumbai: Director Milan Luthria, who is looking forward to release of his 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara', says grey shades attract filmmakers.
The first part- 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'- was about the power struggle between two gangsters. The sequel has a love angle (Sonakshi Sinha) to create conflict this time.
"Filmmakers get attracted to grey shades. There is fascination with underworld. There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable, they are larger than life. Simplicity does not excite much," Milan said here at the second trailer launch of the film.
The original starred Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi, but in the sequel, Akshay Kumar has replaced Hashmi as Shoaib with Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha playing new characters.
"Ajay's character dies in the film. So we took forward Emraan Hashmi's character (Shoaib)... his character had to grow in age, so we went with Akshay," Milan said.
The film releases on August 15.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology