DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
There is a fascination with underworld: Milan Luthria
"There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable," said Milan Luthria.
Mumbai: Director Milan Luthria, who is looking forward to release of his 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara', says grey shades attract filmmakers.
The first part- 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'- was about the power struggle between two gangsters. The sequel has a love angle (Sonakshi Sinha) to create conflict this time.
"Filmmakers get attracted to grey shades. There is fascination with underworld. There is fun in playing around with grey characters as they are unpredictable, they are larger than life. Simplicity does not excite much," Milan said here at the second trailer launch of the film.
The original starred Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi, but in the sequel, Akshay Kumar has replaced Hashmi as Shoaib with Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha playing new characters.
"Ajay's character dies in the film. So we took forward Emraan Hashmi's character (Shoaib)... his character had to grow in age, so we went with Akshay," Milan said.
The film releases on August 15.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports