There is an emotional connect with Tabu: Madhur Bhandarkar
Madhur confessed to connecting emotionally with Tabu, who played the female lead in his film 'Chandni Bar'.
Kolkata: Credited with bringing out the best in the leading ladies of his films, critically acclaimed director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday confessed to connecting emotionally with Tabu, who played the female lead in his film 'Chandni Bar'.
"For me, every actress that I have worked with were great. Tabu was one who was amazingly talented. There is an emotional connect with Tabu," Bhandarkar said during an interactive session on 'Women In Cinema' organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry's (FICCI) Ladies Organisation.
Tabu had essayed the role of a bar girl in "Chandni Bar" (2001) that bagged four National Film awards, including the best trophy for the actress.
"I visited 60 bars to make the film and I gathered enough materials to make two movies on 'Chandni Bar'. I was very happy that Tabu loved the script and she worked with me," said the director known for making films like 'Page 3', 'Corporate', 'Satta', and 'Fashion'.
"Why should I shy away from showing the brutality? I have stuck to my convictions and made the films I want to make," said the filmmaker.
However, he refuted rumours of sequels to 'Chandni Bar' and 'Fashion' saying: "I don't want to make 'Chandni Bar 2'. I didn't think 'Fashion 2' will happen. If a film ends on a high note... makes the audience think and lingers in the end... that is needed."
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal Yadav, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh