There is similarity between Mumbai 26/11 and Paris attacks: Mumbai Police
This kind of attack was first carried out in Mumbai and today it has been improvised in Paris, said Mumbai Police joint commissioner.
Mumbai: Following the deadly terrorist attack in Paris that claimed at least 127 lives, the city of Mumbai in India has been put on high alert. According to the Mumbai Police, there is similarity between the 2008 Mumbai attacks and the terror unleashed in Paris.
Speaking to CNN-IBN, Mumbai Police Joint Commissioner (Law and Order) Deven Bharti said that "prime facie, the similarity is on the involvement of multiple targets, indiscriminate firing and use of IEDs.
"This kind of attack was first carried out in Mumbai and today it has been improvised in Paris," said Bharti.
He added that the modus operandi seems to be similar in both the attacks.
Notably, there are several uncanny similarities between Mumbai 26/11 and Paris attacks. In both the cases the perpetrators used assault rifles and bombs. Also, in both the incidents, the terrorists attacked soft targets like restaurants and other crowded places.
Also, in both the cases, the terrorists carried out attacks at multiple targets almost simultaneously. And the terrorists were not much in number as well in these two attacks.
Recommended For You
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack