DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thiruvananthapuram: 8 held at airport for smuggling gold
<p>Eight people arriving from Singapore on Wednesday were nabbed at the airport in Thiruvananthapuram after they were found carrying one kg of gold, said authorities.</p>
Eight people arriving from Singapore on Wednesday were nabbed at the airport in Thiruvananthapuram after they were found carrying one kg of gold, said authorities.
The Thiruvananthapuram airport customs officials nabbed the eight people after they were found carrying the gold valued at more than Rs.1 crore.
The eight people hail from Madurai in Tamil Nadu and officials questioning them have not yet established if they belong to a gang of smugglers.
The seizure comes at a time when three top customs officials at the Cochin international airport are currently in jail for allegedly helping a known smuggler, Fayas, who is believed to have smuggled in more than 50 kg of gold during the year.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835