Thiruvananthapuram: 8 held at airport for smuggling gold
<p>Eight people arriving from Singapore on Wednesday were nabbed at the airport in Thiruvananthapuram after they were found carrying one kg of gold, said authorities.</p>
Eight people arriving from Singapore on Wednesday were nabbed at the airport in Thiruvananthapuram after they were found carrying one kg of gold, said authorities.
The Thiruvananthapuram airport customs officials nabbed the eight people after they were found carrying the gold valued at more than Rs.1 crore.
The eight people hail from Madurai in Tamil Nadu and officials questioning them have not yet established if they belong to a gang of smugglers.
The seizure comes at a time when three top customs officials at the Cochin international airport are currently in jail for allegedly helping a known smuggler, Fayas, who is believed to have smuggled in more than 50 kg of gold during the year.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes