DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thiruvananthapuram: Work to check waterlogging begins
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon.
Thiruvananthapuram: The culvert on the Edanada-Killiyar stream which is notorious for causing flooding in the Pipinmoodu area is being widened. The PWD-Irrigation Department began the widening work on Monday. The widening of the culvert has been a long-pending demand of the residents of the Pipinmoodu area.
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon season. Last year too, on December 31, the stream had overflowed, causing waterlogging in the area.
Meanwhile, the dumping of waste has aggravated the situation. The water from the stream falls into the Killiyar. However, during rainy season, water from Killiyar flows back into the stream, causing waterlogging in residential areas in Pipinmoodu.
Some months ago, K Muraleedharan MLA had visited the place and listened to the complaints of the local people.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO