Thiruvananthapuram: Work to check waterlogging begins
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon.
Thiruvananthapuram: The culvert on the Edanada-Killiyar stream which is notorious for causing flooding in the Pipinmoodu area is being widened. The PWD-Irrigation Department began the widening work on Monday. The widening of the culvert has been a long-pending demand of the residents of the Pipinmoodu area.
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon season. Last year too, on December 31, the stream had overflowed, causing waterlogging in the area.
Meanwhile, the dumping of waste has aggravated the situation. The water from the stream falls into the Killiyar. However, during rainy season, water from Killiyar flows back into the stream, causing waterlogging in residential areas in Pipinmoodu.
Some months ago, K Muraleedharan MLA had visited the place and listened to the complaints of the local people.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul