Thiruvananthapuram: Work to check waterlogging begins
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon.
Thiruvananthapuram: The culvert on the Edanada-Killiyar stream which is notorious for causing flooding in the Pipinmoodu area is being widened. The PWD-Irrigation Department began the widening work on Monday. The widening of the culvert has been a long-pending demand of the residents of the Pipinmoodu area.
Waterlogging in the residential area owing to the overflowing of the stream has been common during the monsoon season. Last year too, on December 31, the stream had overflowed, causing waterlogging in the area.
Meanwhile, the dumping of waste has aggravated the situation. The water from the stream falls into the Killiyar. However, during rainy season, water from Killiyar flows back into the stream, causing waterlogging in residential areas in Pipinmoodu.
Some months ago, K Muraleedharan MLA had visited the place and listened to the complaints of the local people.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya