This bus won't run if the driver is drunk
Buses in Britain would now be fitted with a breathalyser.
London: Buses in Britain would now be fitted with a breathalyser that would disable the vehicle if the driver has been drinking alcohol.
Drivers of the country's National Express fleet of luxury buses are required to blow into the device before they can start the engine.
Any trace of alcohol immobilises the vehicle and sends out information to a control centre, the Daily Express reported.
A driver who is found drunk would have to appear before a disciplinary hearing and, if proven, may even be sacked.
So far, 480 coaches have been fitted with the device and the entire 600-strong fleet would reportedly be equipped by September this year.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology