Thousands welcome F1 champion Vettel home
Around 30,000 fans welcomed Sebastian Vettel, as Heppenheim came to a standstill.
Heppenheim: Sebastian Vettel said he was "overwhelmed" on Saturday when around 30,000 fans welcomed the Formula One world champion home.
Vettel said, "You're traveling all over the world but to be home is something special."
Heppenheim came to a standstill as the 24-year-old driver performed a lap of honour in his Red Bull car along a stretch of road renamed Hero Lane for the celebrations.
Vettel struggled for words, explaining that he was "very excited" and that "sometimes you need to press pause to let everything sink in."
Fans began arriving at 9 am local time, eager to catch a glimpse of the sport's youngest ever two-time champion, with celebrations expected to last long into Saturday night.
Recommended For You
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands