DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thousands welcome F1 champion Vettel home
Around 30,000 fans welcomed Sebastian Vettel, as Heppenheim came to a standstill.
Heppenheim: Sebastian Vettel said he was "overwhelmed" on Saturday when around 30,000 fans welcomed the Formula One world champion home.
Vettel said, "You're traveling all over the world but to be home is something special."
Heppenheim came to a standstill as the 24-year-old driver performed a lap of honour in his Red Bull car along a stretch of road renamed Hero Lane for the celebrations.
Vettel struggled for words, explaining that he was "very excited" and that "sometimes you need to press pause to let everything sink in."
Fans began arriving at 9 am local time, eager to catch a glimpse of the sport's youngest ever two-time champion, with celebrations expected to last long into Saturday night.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet