Three cases of gangrape reported from Madhya Pradesh
Two women and a minor girl were allegedly gangraped in Bhind, Shajapur and Vidisha districts of the state.
Bhopal: Two women and a minor girl were allegedly gangraped in Bhind, Shajapur and Vidisha districts of the state respectively, the police said on Friday. The first incident of gangrape was reported from Banjare Ka Pura village in Bhind district where a tribal widow was allegedly raped by two people on Thursday after she filed a complaint at Gohad Chouraha police station that local villagers had abused her and pelted stones at her house, police said. As she returned to her house, two people identified as Ramdas and Diwan Singh forcibly took her to a stone quarry, where they raped her and later escaped, the police said. A case of gangrape has been registered against the duo and a search is on to nab them.
In a second incident, in Shujalpur town of Shajapur district a 36-year-old married woman, who arrived in the town from Bhopal was allegedly gangraped by two youths on Thursday night, police said. The victim arrived in the town from a place near Shujalpur, when two youth identified as Prashant Khurana and Rambharose Jat took her to the nearby fields and allegedly raped her, the police said. She managed to escape and reported the matter to the police after which both Khurana and Jat were arrested. Further investigations are on, they said.
In the third gangrape incident which was reported from Vidisha district last night, two youth, identified as Akash Tiwari and Nilesh, who are both 19-years-old, lured a 15-year-old girl to their house, offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives, gangraped her and also shot a cellular phone video, the police said. Later, she reported the matter to the police after which her medical examination confirmed rape. Both the accused youth have been arrested.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi to Appear in Assam Court Today
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday