Three-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas kicks off in Kochi
This year there is going to be an exclusive session on Middle East in Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
Kochi: The three-day 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) which kicked off in Kochi early Monday is the biggest ever held in the country, a Kerala minister has said. Minister for Diaspora KC Joseph said they are delighted by the response from the people as the event saw more than 2,000 registrations.
"Another feature of this year's PBD is that this is the first time that there is going to be an exclusive session on Middle East," Joseph said. Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi is leading the day-long Middle-East session along with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Joseph. The whole of Monday would see discussions on problems that people from Kerala face in the region.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the annual flagship event on January 8 and President Pranab Mukherjee will deliver the valedictory address on January 9 and also confer the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology