Three-year-old girl raped and murdered in AP
The 21-year-old accused lured the young victim by giving some chocolates to her.
Karimnagar: A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by a youth in Karimnagar on Tuesday, the police said. Accused Gore Rajesh, 21, a native of Kotha Kommu Gudem in Adilabad district, has been arrested, Deputy Superintendent of Police S Laxminarayana said.
The accused came to Odela mandal, nearly 40 km from Karimnagar on Tuesday and lured the girl by giving some chocolates. He then took the minor to nearby cotton fields where he allegedly raped and killed her, police said.
The accused was caught by the victim's neighbours when he was trying to dump the body into a nearby well. Soon villagers gathered at the spot and thrashed him before police arrived and took him into custody. The body has been sent for post-mortem, Laxminarayana said, adding a case has been registered and investigation is on.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager