'Thuppakki' mints Rs 10.01 crore in Tamil Nadu
Meanwhile, the Telugu dubbed version of the film titled 'Thuppakki' faced release problems on the opening day.
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay-starrer action-thriller 'Thuppakki' managed to collect a whopping Rs 10.01 crore within the first three days of its release in Tamil Nadu. "The film collected approximately Rs 10.01 crore from Tamil Nadu in the first three days. This is one of the best openings for a Tamil film released this year. 'Thuppakki' is doing extraordinary business in other parts of the country too," Trinath, trade analyst told IANS.
"The numbers from other parts of the country and overseas are yet to come in," he added.
'Thuppakki', which released Nov 13 worldwide in over 1,000 screens, is about a captain from the India Army, played by Vijay, who comes to Bombay on a vacation, but gets himself involved in a terrorist scheme, which is bigger than anticipated.
Kajal Agarwal, Satyan, Mano Bala, Vidyut Jamwal and Jayaram have played key roles in the film, which is directed by AR Murugadoss, and has music by Harris Jeyaraj.
Meanwhile, the Telugu dubbed version of the film titled 'Thuppakki' faced release problems on the opening day in Andhra Pradesh.
"The Telugu version of the film couldn't be released in most theatres in Andhra Pradesh because of some misunderstanding between the distributors and theatre owners, but all that got resolved very soon. The film has done equally good business in Andhra Pradesh too," added Trinath.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter