Tibetan govt-in-exile condemns China police fire
It further accused the international community of remaining mute to the sufferings of the Tibetans.
Dharamsala: The Tibetan government-in-exile on Tuesday condemned the incident in which a Tibetan was allegedly killed and several others injured in clashes with police in China's southwest Sichuan province.
"The Tibetan parliament is deeply aggrieved by the incident and condemn the Chinese authorities for resorting to such drastic act of force and repression," a spokesperson of the Tibetan government-in-exile in Dharamsala said in a statement on Tuesday.
"We call on China to respect Tibetans right to express themselves and look into their legitimate grievances," he said.
The spokesperson alleged the international community has remained "mute to the sufferings of the Tibetans".
"We appeal to international community to impress on China to find a lasting solution to the Tibet issue," he said.
According to Chinese official media, dozens of people, including some monks, stormed and smashed some stores along a main street and a police station on Monday in Luhuo county of Sichuan's Ganzi Tibetan autonomous prefecture after "rumours" spread that three monks would commit self immolations.
Posters in the town also exhorted people to ensure that bodies of self immolated monks should not be allowed to be taken to police.
The mob, some armed with knives, threw stones at police officers and destroyed two police vehicles and two ambulances.
"One member of the mob was killed and four others injured in the clash," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement in Beijing on Tuesday.
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Akhilesh Yadav Is The Undisputed Leader Of The Party In The State, Says SP Leader Madhukar Jetley
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18