Timber worth Rs 10 lakh seized
PARADIP: A team of forest officials on Wednesday seized a large number of wooden planks and timber from a sawmill owner in Icchapu..
PARADIP: A team of forest officials on Wednesday seized a large number of wooden planks and timber from a sawmill owner in Icchapur village under Balikuda police limits.
On a tip off, a forest officials led by Deputy Conservator, Vigilance Wing, Cuttack, Abhiram Nayak raided a sawmill at Ichhapur and seized huge quantity of processed planks. It is suspected that the planks were kept for transportation to different parts of the district. They have also seized an auto from the mill. The cost of the seized wood is estimated around Rs 10 lakh, said Nayak.
A case under the Forest Act has been registered against absconding sawmill owner Ghanshyam Behera.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology