DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tipsarevic upset in 1st round at St. Petersburg
Janko Tipsarevic fell to Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain 7-6 (3), 6-3 in the first round on Wednesday.
St. Petersburg: Janko Tipsarevic suffered an earlier exit at the St. Petersburg Open than his third seeding promised, as he fell to Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain 7-6 (3), 6-3 in the first round on Wednesday.
Tipsarevic, who won the decisive third point in Serbia's Davis Cup semifinal win over Canada on Sunday, squandered seven break points in the second set against Bautista Agut, who broke the Serb twice and closed the match with a backhand down the line on his first match point.
Earlier, sixth-seeded Ernests Gulbis of Latvia and seventh-seeded Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic both advanced to the second round in straight sets.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017