Bandhs in Andhra, Tirupati to protest against Telangana
For the last 10 days, protests have stalled administrative works across districts in the Andhra and Rayalseema regions.
Hyderabad: People have been organising bandhs in Tirupati and Andhra to protest against the decision on Telangana. Private transport operators have declared a 24-hour bandh here to support a united Andhra protest.
With the Andhra Pradesh Road Transport Corporation employees also joining the anti-telangana protests, most pilgrims are relying on private operators to reach the temple town of Tirumala. For the last 10 days, protests have stalled administrative works across districts in the Andhra and Rayalseema regions.
The agitation would be organised in a phased-manner from August 19; a road blockade would be enforced on August 20, they said. They reiterated their demand that all Union Ministers and MPs from the two regions quit to put pressure on the central leadership of the Congress which has favoured creation of Telangana state.
Anti-bifurcation supporters conducted demonstrations, sit-ins, vehicle rallies and other forms of protest across the two regions.
At some places, bullock cart processions with dry paddy on display were organised, to symbolise the fear that farmers outside Telangana may not get irrigation post-division.
State minister Thota Narasimham's wife Vani, who was on hunger strike for the last six days at Kakinada in East Godavari district, was forcibly shifted to hospital in the early hours on Friday as her health started deteriorating. She broke her fast there.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18