Tirupati bags Best Heritage City award
Andhra Pradesh government had nominated Tirupati as the state's contender in the heritage city category for the national tourism award.
Tirupati: The Union Tourism Ministry has selected Tirupati as the Best Heritage City for 2012-13, Tirumala Tirupati Devasathanam sources said on Monday.
Andhra Pradesh government had nominated Tirupati as the state's contender in the heritage city category for the national tourism award. Tirupati is famous for its ancient historical structures including the over 2000-year-old hill temple of Lord Venkateswara that attracts two crore devotees from across the globe and has an annual income of about Rs. 2,250 crore, sources said.
The award would be presented in New Delhi tomorrow, they
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game