DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rs 3 crore worth golden vessel offered in Tirupati
The vessel, weighing about 18 Kgs, was handed over to the temple.
Tirupati: A Rs 3 crore worth golden vessel (Gangalam) was offered to Lord Venkateswara of the famous hill shrine of Tirumala by a devotee on Monday.
The vessel, weighing about 18 Kgs, was handed over to D K Adikesavulu Naidu, Chairman of Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam, which manages the temple, by the devotee from New Delhi, who did not want to be identified, temple sources told PTI.
The offering would be used for storing incensed water during celestial bath conducted to the presiding deity of Lord Venkateswara, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi