Rs 3 crore worth golden vessel offered in Tirupati
The vessel, weighing about 18 Kgs, was handed over to the temple.
Tirupati: A Rs 3 crore worth golden vessel (Gangalam) was offered to Lord Venkateswara of the famous hill shrine of Tirumala by a devotee on Monday.
The vessel, weighing about 18 Kgs, was handed over to D K Adikesavulu Naidu, Chairman of Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam, which manages the temple, by the devotee from New Delhi, who did not want to be identified, temple sources told PTI.
The offering would be used for storing incensed water during celestial bath conducted to the presiding deity of Lord Venkateswara, the sources said.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy