Wildfire continues to rage in Tirupati, efforts on to control it
With authorities going all out to control it, Air Force choppers have been put on stand by to air spray water.
Hyderabad: The forest fire continues to rage on the hills of Tirumala in the temple town of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. With authorities going all out to control it, Air Force choppers have been put on stand by to air spray water.
The chief secretary and Governor have asked all departments including forest and fire departments to ensure safety of surroundings. Officials say the fire that started to spread on Tuesday, may come under control by Thursday evening.
For now though, even as darshans continue in the temple, pilgrims have been prohibited from venturing further uphill and shopkeepers shifted to safer locations.
Tirupati is surrounded by seven hills and has large forest area. The lord Venkateshwara temple at Tirupati is considered to be the second richest temple in the world after Vatican.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands