Title trouble for Kamal Haasan's 'Viswaroopam'
Hindu Makkal Katchi, the self styled moral police, is striking against Kamal Haasan's 'Viswaroopam'.
Hindu Makkal Katchi, the self styled moral police, is striking against 'Viswaroopam', a magnum opus by Kamal Haasan.
According to the party, the title should be changed since it is not a Tamil word. "Viswaroopam is a Sanskrit word. Kamal, a role model to aspiring actors, should set an example by going for a pure Tamil title," says Kannan of HMK.
"Kamal lives in Tamil Nadu and became popular only by acting Tamil movies. So why should he not prefer to name his film in Tamil. We are hopeful that Kamal will understand our appeal and change the title," he adds.
It may be recalled that HMK earlier protested a song in Kamal Haasan's 2010 film 'Manmadhan Ambu', following which it was removed from the movie. The party alleged that the song had explicit sexual references.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly