DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Title trouble for Kamal Haasan's 'Viswaroopam'
Hindu Makkal Katchi, the self styled moral police, is striking against Kamal Haasan's 'Viswaroopam'.
Hindu Makkal Katchi, the self styled moral police, is striking against 'Viswaroopam', a magnum opus by Kamal Haasan.
According to the party, the title should be changed since it is not a Tamil word. "Viswaroopam is a Sanskrit word. Kamal, a role model to aspiring actors, should set an example by going for a pure Tamil title," says Kannan of HMK.
"Kamal lives in Tamil Nadu and became popular only by acting Tamil movies. So why should he not prefer to name his film in Tamil. We are hopeful that Kamal will understand our appeal and change the title," he adds.
It may be recalled that HMK earlier protested a song in Kamal Haasan's 2010 film 'Manmadhan Ambu', following which it was removed from the movie. The party alleged that the song had explicit sexual references.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong