DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TMC councillor Mohammed Iqbal arrested from Bihar
The Kolkata Police's detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammed Iqbal, one of the accused in the sub-inspector murder case in violence in Garden Reach area in February 2013, was arrested on Thursday from Bihar, officials said.
"We have arrested Iqbal from Dehri-on-Sone area near Gaya in Bihar. He was arrested at around 8 PM on Thursday. He will be brought to Kolkata on Friday," ADG (CID) Sivaji Ghosh told PTI. Sub-Inspector Tapas Choudhury was killed during the violence between Congress and Trinamool supporters near a college in Garden Reach on February 12, 2013.
The Kolkata Police's detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury. After West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan's strong criticism of the violence and attack by opposition parties, the case was handed to the CID which has already arrested Congress leader Moktar few days back.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi