TMC councillor Mohammed Iqbal arrested from Bihar
The Kolkata Police's detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammed Iqbal, one of the accused in the sub-inspector murder case in violence in Garden Reach area in February 2013, was arrested on Thursday from Bihar, officials said.
"We have arrested Iqbal from Dehri-on-Sone area near Gaya in Bihar. He was arrested at around 8 PM on Thursday. He will be brought to Kolkata on Friday," ADG (CID) Sivaji Ghosh told PTI. Sub-Inspector Tapas Choudhury was killed during the violence between Congress and Trinamool supporters near a college in Garden Reach on February 12, 2013.
The Kolkata Police's detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury. After West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan's strong criticism of the violence and attack by opposition parties, the case was handed to the CID which has already arrested Congress leader Moktar few days back.
Recommended For You
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century