TN: 180 days of maternity leave in PSUs
CM J Jayalalithaa fulfilled seven of her electoral promises and one of them was extending the maternity leave.
Chennai: The 180 days maternity leave, which is now applicable to the women employees of the State government has been extended to the women employees of the Public Sector Undertakings and Statutory Boards of the State government too. This is applicable wherever their Service Rules provide for sanction of maternity leave similar to that of government employees. A G.O in this regard was issued on July 12.
On assuming the CM office for the third time, CM J Jayalalithaa fulfilled seven of her electoral promises and one of them was extending the maternity leave for women employees in the State government from 90 days to 180 days.
The maternity leave may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation at the option of the woman government servant. The maternity leave will be admissible to married women government servants with less than two surviving children.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1