DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: 180 days of maternity leave in PSUs
CM J Jayalalithaa fulfilled seven of her electoral promises and one of them was extending the maternity leave.
Chennai: The 180 days maternity leave, which is now applicable to the women employees of the State government has been extended to the women employees of the Public Sector Undertakings and Statutory Boards of the State government too. This is applicable wherever their Service Rules provide for sanction of maternity leave similar to that of government employees. A G.O in this regard was issued on July 12.
On assuming the CM office for the third time, CM J Jayalalithaa fulfilled seven of her electoral promises and one of them was extending the maternity leave for women employees in the State government from 90 days to 180 days.
The maternity leave may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation at the option of the woman government servant. The maternity leave will be admissible to married women government servants with less than two surviving children.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes