DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: 2 persons held with 71 fake Indian passports
Police said the two had promised 71 Sri Lankan Tamil refugees that they would be sent to Germany and collected money from them.
Rameswaram: Two persons who were planning to send several Sri Lankan Tamil refugees to Germany using fake Indian passports were on Wednesday arrested and 71 counterfeit passports seized from them at Naripaiyur in Ramanathapuram district, police said.
Cash to the tune of Rs 11.5 lakh was also seized from the duo by the 'Q' Branch Police which nabbed them on a tip-off. The two had promised 71 refugees that they would be sent to Germany and collected money from them, police said.
They were produced before a court which remanded them to judicial custody.Instances of trafficking of Sri Lankan Tamil refugees to other countries, including Australia, have been on the rise in the recent past.
Last week, Mangalore police nabbed five persons for alleged human trafficking and rescued 88 Sri Lankan Tamil refugees, who were being illegally sent to Australia, from their clutches.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO