TN: 7-year old girl falls into borewell; rescue efforts on
The girl's voice was audible till about 5 pm, the officials said.
Tiruchirappalli: A seven-year-old girl on Saturday fell into a deep borewell at a village in neighbouring Karur district, about 120 km from Tiruchirappalli, and intense efforts to rescue her continued, police said. Muthulakshmi, whose parents are farm labourers from Dindigul district, was playing in the farm land at Suryapalli when she fell into the 900-feet deep borewell, which had been crudely closed after it failed to yield water, they said.
The borewell was to be properly closed on Saturday but before that the mishap occurred. The diameter of the borewell was 12 inches upto 12 feet and nine inches beneath. Fire and Rescue Service personnel along with police are engaged in efforts to rescue the girl by digging a pit adjacent to the borewell.
District Collector S Jayandhi and other top police and district officials are camping in the spot overseeing the operations which crossed 13 hours at 9 pm, officials said. The girl's voice was audible till about 5 pm, they said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology