TN against transfer of case to another HC
CHENNAI: When the clemency plea came up before the Madras High Court bench on Friday, it was brought to its notice that a petition..
CHENNAI: When the clemency plea came up before the Madras High Court bench on Friday, it was brought to its notice that a petition seeking transfer of the cases from the Madras High Court to some other high court had been filed in the Supreme Court and it was likely to come up for hearing next week. (The petition pending before the Supreme Court stated that the atmosphere prevailing in the Madras High Court was not conducive for a smooth hearing on the three petitions from the trio and sought transfer to some other HC.)
Opposing any transfer, Advocate-General A Navaneethakrishnan told the bench that the cases could not be transferred. The bench said that it was adjourning the matter till November 29 at the request of the counsel on both sides. Contrary to the scenario that prevailed on August 30, when the three writ petitions came up before the bench, there was no hue and cry, no presence of politicians and supporters of the LTTE. The court hall was almost empty, except the presence of Vaiko, his supporters, lawyers and reporters.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How Fitness Freak VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It