Tamil Nadu to introduce safety measures in state transport buses
The safety instructions will be like the ones given on airplanes, instructing passengers on dealing with emergency situations, accidents.
Channai: Tamil Nadu transport authorities are expected to hold a preliminary discussion on introducing safety instructions in transport buses after the recent spate of Volvo accidents in neighbouring Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
These safety instructions will be like the ones given on airplanes, instructing passengers on dealing with emergency situations and accidents. The authorities have called a meeting with tour operators on November 22 to get their views on this.
The meeting will focus on the feasibility of the proposal, the man power required, the kind of safety apparatus that could be kept on stand by in the buses etc.
Suggestions will also be taken from operators before a final plan is prepared.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps