Tamil Nadu to introduce safety measures in state transport buses
The safety instructions will be like the ones given on airplanes, instructing passengers on dealing with emergency situations, accidents.
Channai: Tamil Nadu transport authorities are expected to hold a preliminary discussion on introducing safety instructions in transport buses after the recent spate of Volvo accidents in neighbouring Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
These safety instructions will be like the ones given on airplanes, instructing passengers on dealing with emergency situations and accidents. The authorities have called a meeting with tour operators on November 22 to get their views on this.
The meeting will focus on the feasibility of the proposal, the man power required, the kind of safety apparatus that could be kept on stand by in the buses etc.
Suggestions will also be taken from operators before a final plan is prepared.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines