TN Cabinet discusses K-plant, Budget
CHENNAI: A meeting of the State Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday at the Secretariat, discussed among ot..
CHENNAI: A meeting of the State Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday at the Secretariat, discussed among other things, the Koodankulam issue. A decision on the report submitted by the four-member expert committee is likely to be announced in a couple of weeks.
Apart from the deliberations on Koodankulam, the details of which have not been revealed, the two-hour long Cabinet meeting also discussed a Vision 2025 document for the State and mulled Budget proposals.
Power-point presentations were made on Budget proposals by several departments of ministries, including the Home, Commercial Taxes, Revenue and Finance ministries.
Former Governor Surjit Singh Barnala, in his address to the State Assembly on June 3, 2011, had said that the Vision 2025 document would be prepared in order to identify and remove bottlenecks in development, prioritise critical infrastructure projects and work assiduously to place Tamil Nadu at the forefront of development.
As the Cabinet meeting was held ahead of the State Budget for the forthcoming financial year, it discussed these matters threadbare.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology