TN: CBI raids residence of state dental council chief
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said.
Chennai: CBI on Sunday conducted a raid at the residence of a dentist here in connection with the case relating to alleged bribe taken by a dental council member for granting approval to a private dental college in Tamil Nadu to start a post-graduate course.
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said. The raid came in the wake of the January 7 arrest of DCI member Dr S Murukesan in the city for allegedly demanding Rs one crore as bribe and accepting Rs 25 lakh as advance.
Besides Murukesan, three functionaries of Melmaruvathur-based Adhiparasakthi Dental College and Hospital were also arrested from his dental clinic here for allegedly offering the illegal gratification.
CBI had also conducted searches at various premises of Murukesan and the college Managing Director.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Aamir Khan Loves Reading Film Books
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify