DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: CBI raids residence of state dental council chief
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said.
Chennai: CBI on Sunday conducted a raid at the residence of a dentist here in connection with the case relating to alleged bribe taken by a dental council member for granting approval to a private dental college in Tamil Nadu to start a post-graduate course.
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said. The raid came in the wake of the January 7 arrest of DCI member Dr S Murukesan in the city for allegedly demanding Rs one crore as bribe and accepting Rs 25 lakh as advance.
Besides Murukesan, three functionaries of Melmaruvathur-based Adhiparasakthi Dental College and Hospital were also arrested from his dental clinic here for allegedly offering the illegal gratification.
CBI had also conducted searches at various premises of Murukesan and the college Managing Director.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar