TN: CBI raids residence of state dental council chief
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said.
Chennai: CBI on Sunday conducted a raid at the residence of a dentist here in connection with the case relating to alleged bribe taken by a dental council member for granting approval to a private dental college in Tamil Nadu to start a post-graduate course.
The raid was conducted at the residence of dentist Gunaseelan Rajan in Gandhi Nagar locality, CBI said. The raid came in the wake of the January 7 arrest of DCI member Dr S Murukesan in the city for allegedly demanding Rs one crore as bribe and accepting Rs 25 lakh as advance.
Besides Murukesan, three functionaries of Melmaruvathur-based Adhiparasakthi Dental College and Hospital were also arrested from his dental clinic here for allegedly offering the illegal gratification.
CBI had also conducted searches at various premises of Murukesan and the college Managing Director.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3