TN: CM's public relief fund crosses Rs 24 crore
On Wednesday alone, Rs 4.15 crore was donated by various institutions to undertake cyclone 'Thane' relief work.
Chennai: The contribution to the Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund to undertake cyclone 'Thane' relief work touched Rs 24,27,42,932 on Wednesday.
On Wednesday alone, Rs 4.15 crore was donated by various institutions.
The commissioner of Chennai Corporation and its employees parted with a day's salary. This, along with Mayor Saidai S Duraisamy's donation of Rs 3 lakh totalled Rs 1 crore. Similarly, Murugappa Group's executive president A Vellaiyan and Suzlon group's chairman and managing director Tulsi R Tanti contributed Rs 1 crore each. Velammal educational trust's MV Muthuramalingam and MVM Velmohan contributed Rs 50 lakh.
RMK Engineering College's chairman R Munirathnam and vice-chairman RM Kishore have given Rs 25 lakh. CEO of Vijaya Hospitals B Bharathi Reddy (Rs 20 lakh), T O Singaravel of Vidyaa Vikas educational institutions, Tiruchengode (10 lakh) and Dr Nalla G Palaniswami, CMD of Kovai Medical Centre and Hospital, Coimbatore (10 lakh) were the others who contributed.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- This Photo of Nicole With Sunny, Dev Has Gone Viral
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?