TN: College lab assistant throws acid on staff, girls
Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients.
Coimbatore: A lab assistant in a local private college today allegedly threw acid on two staff injuring them and two girl students, and later tried to commit suicide by consuming cyanide, police said. Police said Muthusamy (47) threw acid on Ravisankar and Laxmansamy this afternoon over some personal dispute.
Some acid also fell on two girl students. Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients, police said. M Aruchamy, Director and Administrator of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, filed a complaint against Muthusamy, based on which a case has been registered, they said.
Depressed over the incident, Muthusamy consumed cyanide, police said, adding, he has been admitted to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India