DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN fishermen slapped, chased away by Lankan Navy
The Navy personnel allegedly chased away some of the boats and snatched a cellphone belonging to one of the fishermen.
Ramanathapuram: In yet another instance of mid-sea confrontation reported on Sunday, the Sri Lankan Navy allegedly chased away a group of fishermen and took away a mobile phone from one of them.
The Indian fishing boats, which set out on Saturday, were surrounded by the Lankan Navy while they were netting mid-sea.
The Navy personnel allegedly chased away some of the boats and snatched a cellphone belonging to Adimai, a local resident.
The Lankan Navy personnel also slapped some of the fishermen, accusing them of trespassing the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL), it has been alleged.
As a result, the fishermen were forced to return to shore with a poor catch.
The Fisheries Department was yet to receive a formal complaint about the incident.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar