TN fishermen slapped, chased away by Lankan Navy
The Navy personnel allegedly chased away some of the boats and snatched a cellphone belonging to one of the fishermen.
Ramanathapuram: In yet another instance of mid-sea confrontation reported on Sunday, the Sri Lankan Navy allegedly chased away a group of fishermen and took away a mobile phone from one of them.
The Indian fishing boats, which set out on Saturday, were surrounded by the Lankan Navy while they were netting mid-sea.
The Navy personnel allegedly chased away some of the boats and snatched a cellphone belonging to Adimai, a local resident.
The Lankan Navy personnel also slapped some of the fishermen, accusing them of trespassing the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL), it has been alleged.
As a result, the fishermen were forced to return to shore with a poor catch.
The Fisheries Department was yet to receive a formal complaint about the incident.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology