DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: Karunanidhi appeals for calm over Cauvery waters
DMK president M Karunanidhi said on Monday that the issue should be sorted out through talks only.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu and Karnataka should step up efforts to check bitterness among the people of the two states over the issue of sharing of Cauvery waters, DMK president M Karunanidhi said on Monday amid reports of some violent incidents in the border areas. Karunanidhi asked the two state governments to be alert and take appropriate action to maintain law and order so that Tamils in Karnataka and Kannadigas in Tamil Nadu are not harmed due to the dispute over sharing of the Cauvery waters.
Referring to reports of attacks on Tamils living near the border areas reportedly by Karnataka forest officials, Karunanidhi said: "The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Karnataka and AIADMK in Tamil Nadu should see to that the bitterness over the issue of sharing of Cauvery waters does not develop into enmity."
Karunanidhi said the issue should be sorted out through talks.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017