TN: Karunanidhi appeals for calm over Cauvery waters
DMK president M Karunanidhi said on Monday that the issue should be sorted out through talks only.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu and Karnataka should step up efforts to check bitterness among the people of the two states over the issue of sharing of Cauvery waters, DMK president M Karunanidhi said on Monday amid reports of some violent incidents in the border areas. Karunanidhi asked the two state governments to be alert and take appropriate action to maintain law and order so that Tamils in Karnataka and Kannadigas in Tamil Nadu are not harmed due to the dispute over sharing of the Cauvery waters.
Referring to reports of attacks on Tamils living near the border areas reportedly by Karnataka forest officials, Karunanidhi said: "The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Karnataka and AIADMK in Tamil Nadu should see to that the bitterness over the issue of sharing of Cauvery waters does not develop into enmity."
Karunanidhi said the issue should be sorted out through talks.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines