TN: Man arrested for raping woman, survivor's condition critical
Police said the man forced his way into the house, where the woman lived alone, allegedly raped her and bit her private parts.
Salem: In a shocking incident, an 80-year old woman was allegedly raped by a 41-year-old man following which she was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition. The woman, a widow, is battling for life at a government hospital in Salem, police said on Saturday.
The accused Palanivel, a vegetable vendor, of Malliyakari in the district was detained by the local people and handed over to police who arrested him and slapped a rape case.
According to police, the woman was living alone at Gopalapuram in Malliakari. Around midnight on Friday night, Palanivel, who has two wives and four children, went to the victim's house and asked for water, but she refused.
Suddenly, he forced his way into the house, allegedly raped her and bit her private parts.
Local residents called an ambulance and rushed the woman to Attur Government Hospital from where she was shifted to Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College Hospital in Salem. Doctors said the condition of the woman was critical.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Virat Kohli Picks Out Cheteshwar Pujara for Special Praise
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?